Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lake Lanier Fishing Report: March 1-14, 2011

Hello Everyone -

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the great spring weather! The fishing has really picked up over the last week or so. I have had several trips over the past few days, and the catch has gotten steadily better each day. I expect the bite to be "off the charts" any day now, but each day should be at least good!

I still have been using 3 main baits to get bit - locations are still the same as well:

1. Jerkbait - work these baits around secondary points in pockets along the creek channels and along main lake. The water has warmed nicely over the past 2 weeks, and the jerkbait bite has gotten steadily better. Fish these baits around docks adjacent to spawning flats as well.

2. Fish Head Spin - I have been working these around shallow secondary points. Slow has still been the ticket - keep the lure in contact with the bottom and wait for the fish to load up - they haven't been eating it agressively on most days.

3. Slong's Shaky Head - I have been working the 3/16 oz Slong's Shaky Heads around the same areas as noted above when the bite is less aggressive. I have been using a Wackem Pointy Tail and Trick Worm in pumpkin green for my bites. I have found fish up on flats too on certain days - look for the "highways" or ditches that feed the flats - the fish will position around docks that are closest to the ditches first.

I recommend everyone check out the LanierMAPPED.com site ASAP - there are lots of recent changes that I am sure you will be interested in!! And remember gang, use the JIMBO Code at LanierMAPPED.com for a 20% discount on all clips you purchase.

I am filling up for the Spring - call me TODAY at 770-542-7764 to book your trip!!

Until next time everybody - tight lines!!

Jimbo

No comments:

Post a Comment